Guest blog about the best holidays for tots by Eurocamp
Travelling abroad with toddlers can be challenging but you can make it easier by selecting a child friendly destination. We've teamed up with Eurocamp’s Steph, a Marketing Manager and mum to her two-year-old daughter, who has some great advice for travelling with small children.
I'm Steph and when it comes to travel, I love the authentic experience. New York is my absolute favourite place on earth, but a hotel in Times Square? No thanks! An apartment in Harlem is much more my thing. With Italian heritage, I'm pretty clued up on Italian destinations and I'm a bit picky when it comes to Italian food – it's got to be authentic, just like Nonna makes! I love snowboarding, and the fondue that comes with it, but as a mum with a toddler, I'll most likely be swapping the snow for the sand, and building sandcastles, not kickers, on my next holiday! Here's my advice about holidays for younger children.
Here's a fun pool at Bella Italia in Lake Garda
Top 5 holidays in Europe for tots
Travelling with under-twos can be a challenge, especially if it’s your first family holiday abroad. Choosing the right destination with toddler and baby-friendly facilities and accommodation are key to getting it right.
With more than 180 parcs across Europe, including Little Eurocamper Paradise Parcs, Eurocamp has been providing great toddler and baby holidays for more than 40 years – so it knows a thing or two about keeping families happy. With that in mind, I’ve rounded up 5 toddler-tastic locations for your next holiday in Europe:
1. Domaine Des Ormes in Brittany is a great place to keep babies and grown-ups amused. Set in 400 acres of woodland, toddler-friendly accommodation includes safety gates, plug covers, door stoppers, black-out blinds and night lights as standard. Exciting kids’ menus make sure everyone is well fed and for older toddlers, Learn to Swim lessons are practical and fun.
2. Nearby Le Pointe St. Gilles (also in Brittany) is perfect for a first beach holiday - with direct access to the idyllic sands and buggy-friendly coastal walks, families can make the most of being outdoors and enjoy some amazing coastal views.
3. La Croix du Vieux Pont is ideal for those who fancy some time out within easy reach of Paris. Boasting four pools – including an indoor option – it really is a parc for all seasons, so a good choice for anyone looking to grab a late bargain or beat the school holiday rush.
4. With its pirate-themed pool and modern spa complex, Gascony’s Le Vieux Port is unbeatable for babies, toddler and parents looking to relax and unwind. With child-friendly menus and toddler essentials like bed rails and highchairs available, it’s guaranteed to keep everyone happy.
5. High in the Italian Lakes Bella Italia is a family-friendly gem, boasting direct access to the lake beach, its own ice-cream parlour and a handy mini-supermarket.
Which of these destinations would you most like to try? Leave a comment below or join the conversation with other parents on Facebook.
Here's the fantastic beach at Le View Port in South West France
The kids will love to splash about at the indoor & outdoor pools at Pointe St Gilles in Brittany.